News in English
Judge Malcolm MacLean called Kayla Bourque a “psychopathic and narcissistic” “sexual sadist” who’s obsessed with gore and violence and has shown no guilt or remorse.
Photograph by: Graphic , The Province
A former high-achieving Simon Fraser University student convicted of torturing and killing her family’s pet cat and dog will be released from prison in less than two months, despite fears she’s likely to violently reoffend in a case a judge called “unsettling.”…
WHITE PLAINS, NY -- The Westchester County Board of Legislators unanimously approved a new law this week at its regular meeting that establishes a county-wide registry for animal abuse offenders. This database, which will be searchable by the public and administered by the Westchester County Department of Public Safety, will serve to inform the public of animal abuse convictions that have occurred in the county.…
A disturbing case of animal cruelty that has upset residents of Manitowoc, Wisconsin since its discovery on Sunday has been solved by police with the help of tipsters who called in with information. The case and its resolution stand as an ugly reminder at the beginning of Domestic Violence Awareness Month that pets are domestic violence victims, too.
- Domestic violence, animal cruelty often linked
- Essex County introduces Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Abuse toward animals may predict violent behavior toward humans
- The New Mexico Conference on the Link between Animal Cruelty and Human Violence
- First-of-its-kind shelter to open for dogs who are victims of domestic violence
- CRUELTY TO ANIMALS-A PSYCHIATRIC WARNING SIGN
- Session in Ann Arbor aimed at counseling animal abusers
- Proposed specialty court aims for better handling of animal-abuse cases
- Rhode Island May Provide Advocates for Animals in Court Cases
- Rose Brooks Center Opens First Regional Pet Shelter in Partnership with Bayer